Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WP3: Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

I have a new role model, and his name is Charlie Sheen. Anyone who can compare themselves to an F-18 or claim to have tiger blood is ok in my book, and, frankly, should be working with me. The policy of this blog has always been, "If you can't stand the heat, then you better get out of the friggin' rays of the resplendent sphere that is my sexiness", and I think you'll agree with me when I say you're dumb if you think otherwise.

Sooooo here's the last wallpaper in the WALLPAPER TRIFECTA series featuring the Postal Service. The final wallpaper: The District Sleeps Alone Tonight. Cue video.



Wow. What a boner-jam. Let's get down to it. I wanted to capture that noice 80s feel from the video, so I did a lot of Googling of 80s fashions. I started by sketching my main girl and then did about seven backup dancers. Have a peek at those sketches:










After all the people were done, I made some buildings and the disco ball in Illustrator, and everything went into Photoshoppe. A custom scatter brush for the lights and some sexy font, and you got yourself a stew goin'. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out:


Highslide JS


Get the "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" wallpaper here.


DOUBLETIME! This design is also on the fast track to becoming a tee shirt on Threadless. That is, it will be after you go vote for it nine times. Don't you want to wear this on your chest? Get out there and make something happen.

The District Sleeps Alone - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment