Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WP3: Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettes

Oh man, this is so embarrassing.

I was totally going to post this second wallpaper in the WALLPAPER TRIFECTA series like... five days ago, but last Wednesday I accidentally put "Whip My Hair" on repeat on my iTunes, and I've been whipping my hair back and forth the whole time. I didn't even shower, and I think I have some kind of neck condition now, so you really should be feeling sorry for me instead of judging me.

As promised, here is the second wallpaper in the series.



I wanted to capture the 60s feel of the video, and also the post-apocalyptic theme of the song. I also liked the bikes. That part makes me all tingly. So, I finally decided to draw a monster family riding bikes through the desert. Most of this one was done in Illustrator, so I did some fairly rough sketches and just scanned them in. Here are the originals:









After I scanned the sketches, I cleaned them up and changed the faces (some a little, some a lot) and adjusted the perspective on each one. After the characters were done, everything went to Photoshop so I could make it look all nubbly.

Enjoy, the final wallpaper will be posted sometime in the next week.

Gotta keep you on your toes.


Highslide JS


Get the "We Will Become Silhouettes" wallpaper here.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment