Monday, March 1, 2010

Mad science and rhythm, together at last!

Don't worry - It's not going to end like it did last time.

Using a combination of sexiness, voodoo, and duct tape I created my very own little Frankenstein drum set. These drums are much more well behaved than a Frankenstein man, although they do keep saying "father" over and over again in that lobotomy-retard voice... but I think I can beat it out of them.

HA! A free pun! Free pun for you, lowly pun-peasant!

Here are some pictures:

This is the completed bass drum. It's made out of an old granny-style washtub, some drop-cloth material used for painting, and a whole crap ton of duct tape. The skull appeared from thin air after I finished building the drum. I think I accidentally added some awesome magix, as I sometimes do.

This is the "before" picture of some slightly modified air duct piping that I used for the snare. The "naked corpse", if you will.

Aaand the finished product. Snare ingredients: 8 double-ended extendable hooks, 3 springs with eyelets and wall hangers to secure them, 2 Evans 14" drum heads, 1 piece of ductwork, tape, glue, and a smattering of tin foil.

I know you're all itching to hear the pHAt beats this thing lays down, and you won't have long to wait since I'm recording a few random things this week.

BUT until then you can go vote for my shirt on Threadless... if you haven't already. Or even if you have. Just click the button again, and maybe some of your secret longings will rub onto the keys and bump that 5 up to a 5¾. It's worth a try.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment